Welcome to the new hardcover edition of Monster of the Week!
Most people don’t believe in monsters, but you know the truth. They’re real, and it’s your task to bring them down. This hardcover edition of Monster of the Week brings that adventure to life.
Monster of the Week is a standalone action-horror RPG for 3-5 people. Hunt high school beasties a la Buffy the Vampire Slayer, travel the country to bring down unnatural creatures like the Supernatural Winchester brothers, or head up the government investigation like Mulder and Scully.
This book contains everything you need to tackle Bigfoot, collar a chupacabra, and drive away demons. In this hardcover edition, you’ll find:
- Character creation rules to bring your hunter to life and create a cohesive hunting team, including fourteen ready-to-go hunter types ranging from the Snoop to the Spooktacular, the Monstrous to the Divine.
- A stand-alone system based on the easy-to-use Powered by the Apocalypse engine.
- Eight core moves to investigate and deal with monsters.
- Thorough mystery-creation tools and two ready-to-play mysteries.
- Example monsters like Balkan vampires, ghouls, and spore trolls.
- Rules options to expand the scope and change the flavor of your game to fit the weekly monster story you’ve always wanted to see, including phenomena-type mysteries and alternative weird abilities.
Grab the fireplace poker and get your spell book. That monster’s going down!
What’s New in the Hardcover Edition?
With the hardcover edition of Monster of the Week, we’ve added in a bit extra to the existing material from the revised softcover edition—24 additional pages in all.
From The Tome of Mysteries supplement, we’ve added rules options for alternative weird basic moves, phenomenon-type mysteries, and an alternative, more flexible investigate a mystery move. We’ve also incorporated all of the special Luck moves from Tome of Mysteries for this book’s playbooks that didn’t have them previously.
We’ve also brought in two additional playbooks that previously existed only as online downloadables: the Snoop and the Spooktacular.
Number of players: 2-6
Age of players: 12+
Length: 2-8 hours