In Resident Evil 4, U.S. agent Leon S. Kennedy must investigate the kidnapping of the President's daughter by amysterious cult known as Los Illuminados. Leon's search brings him to a rural village in Europe, where he encountersa horde of unimaginable horrors and must fight to uncover who or what is behind it all.
With gameplay focused on visceral gunplay, this critically-acclaimed chapter in the Resident Evil saga revolutionized the series. Resident Evil 4 boasts chilling and action-packed encounters with enemies en masse in mysterious, booby-trapped areas. With the ability to fire more ammunition and defeat more foes at once, the gameplay in Resident Evil 4 contains some of the most frenetic and intense combat in the series to date.
- Legendary Visuals – Resident Evil 4 features a breathtaking visual style and effects.
- Behind the Camera View – The camera follows you from behind and allows for intuitive and comfortable movement in this survival horror third-person shooter.
- Hordes of Enemies – Tackle creatures that defy the laws of nature, including horrific new creatures infested by a threat called Las Plagas and face off against an aggressive group of mind-controlled villagers that are tied to the Los Illuminados cult.
- Advanced AI – Enemies are smarter than ever and will use their cunning abilities to team up and attack the player en masse.
- Interactive Cutscenes – Surprising and dramatic button-prompt moments require players to stay focused and on edge, even during story breaks.
- “Separate Ways” Epilogue – Play as Ada Wong in five extra chapters that reveal startling insights into the main storyline!
- Unlockable Costumes – Unlock special costumes for characters including Leon's R.P.D. uniform and Ashley's medieval suit of armor.
- Mercenaries Mode – A fast-paced test of skill where you can play as fan favorites like Wesker or Hunk on a mission to wipe out hordes of enemies to earn the high score.