Tangled Blessings is a solo journaling or two-player RPG inspired by dark academia media, ghost stories, and graduate school. Featuring a wizarding college, wandering specters, assigned houses, curses, devils’ bargains and more supernatural flavor, Tangled Blessings blends horror and the fantastical to help players craft a story that spans their time at the academy — culminating in one final showdown against their rival.
A deck of tarot cards and a way to record the story are the only items required to play. Based on the ENnie-nominated Anamnesis game system by Samantha Leigh, players first draw from the tarot deck to discover which house they belong to and then they'll discover who of 22 possible rivals will shadow their time at the Academy. In two-player games, players rival each other, working together to unravel their shared and complicated history at the academy shrouded in darkness.
- Supports solo play or two players without the need for a game master.
- Estimated to offer a 2-4 hour experience.
- Playable in one or multiple sessions with natural breaks.
- Doesn’t require a character sheet because there are no skills to track.
- Diceless; only tarot cards are required to play.
- Inspired by dark academia, ghost stories, and graduate school.
- Over 60 unique and thematic prompts.
- 22 unique and robust rival descriptions,
- Includes several pieces of original art, NPC ideas, and more to inspire playthroughs.