You’ve been invited to a haunted house. That haunted house is a Discord server.
Find your greatest fear, spill your worst secrets, and get to the thrilling seance in This Discord Has Ghosts in It.
Players are either investigators or ghosts:
- investigators can only speak
- ghosts can only type
Won “Most Innovative” at the 2021 Indie Game Developer Network’s Indie Groundbreakers
A Discord-based live-action roleplaying game
Players split into two teams: investigators and ghosts.
Ghosts may only type, filling the channels of a Discord with frights! Spreading horror throughout the rooms and spaces of this house with text, images, audio, or video.
Investigators may only speak in a voice channel, with everyone listening in, like walkie-talkies or shouts throughout the space.
Throughout the game, ghosts haunt rooms while investigators explore, get spooked, and learn about the ghosts, all while narrating the horror to all players and hinting at their secret motives. Ghost players reveal parts of themselves by creating new rooms, in turn making the house a labyrinth. Investigators get to the bottom of these mysteries and spill secrets of their own.
Every game culminates in a supernatural seance. In this final act, confront each ghost about their mysteries, and each investigator about their secrets.
- A Discord-based, live-action horror roleplaying game
- For 6-16 players, including a facilitator, over the course of 1-3 hours
- 13 Readymade haunts with prebuilt Discord templates
- New rules, alternate game modes, and special mods for your next game
- 126 page softcover book
- Full-color with illustrations and vintage photography
- Readymade Discord templates
- Facilitator tools and worksheets
- Custom emojis
- Suite of music