Prepare to Die... Vast Grimm is a brutal, horrific, disgusting, infectious, rules-light, art heavy, sci-fi RPG. THEY spewed forth parasitic würms spreading like a plague across the universe. Will you survive? Or will you become one of the Vast Grimm? Each miserable day that passes the universe inches closer to its inevitable demise. Vast Grimm is a rules-light RPG where everyone must band together in order to keep humanity alive.
This book includes the core rules, classes, monsters, lore, and a starting adventure.
On the Pages
- A brief history – How The Six set out on a pilgrimage to the Primordial Mausoleum of THEY, in the year zer0. These truly devout disciples unleashed a plague of parasitic würms when they unsealed the ancient tomb. It has been 663 years since that day, those who thewürmsinfected have become known as The Grimm.
- Locations across the ‘verse – A look at some of the places your Legion might explore while playing.
- The Endings – Fatuma’s prophecies of how the universe will demise with rules on how these Torments will occur in gameplay.
- 8 Fast & Easy Steps to Character Creation – Rolling dice to determine everything about your character sure makes it feel like they will not live long. This includes 8 character classes like the MAnchiNe, Emo|Bot, and The Harvester. It also has charts for Irritating Idiosyncrasies, Misspent Youth, and Battle Scars to really give your character that extra level of filth.
- Tributes – 20 pieces of technomagic that when used improperly can implode causing Cataclysmic Condemnations.
- Pharmaceuticals – Because those who can’t physically escape often find other means.
- Würms – 6 different würms to get infected by, wreaking havoc on your body and mind. Each includes a Parasitic Pain and Parasitic Pleasure chart to roll randomly on each day until you either die or the würm tires of your meat suit.
- Optional Rules – For your Legion’s background, random starting ships, and devastating Cataclysmic Condemnations.
- Monstrous Abominations – Nasty things to challenge your Legion’s fortitude.
- Quick Rules – All you need to dive in and start playing.
- GM Charts – Tables for Adventure Sparks, Random Encounters, Abandoned Ships, Cosmic Treasures, Stealing from the Dead, and more.
An Introductory Adventure – Death Aboard the Conundrum, a broken-down science ship is believed to have a piece needed to build The Gate of Infinite Stars. This relic could fetch a king’s ransom in cred sticks, or maybe even secure you and your Legion a way out of this ‘verse. It includes random charts so the adventure can be replayed numerous times.